If you like to try new recipes for different types of Mojito, you will love this recipe. Blackberry Mojito is very tasty and refreshing.
Below are the steps with the necessary ingredients to prepare this minty and tart drink. It will take you just a few minutes.
- 50 ml Vodka
- 20 ml Lime juice freshly squeezed
- 2 bar spoons sugar
- 6 Blackberries preferably ripe
- Ice Cubes
- 10 leaves Mint leave out the stem if using spearmint
- Soda optional
- Take a large glass, add the previously washed mint leaves and sugar.
- Then stir with a spoon without trying to crush the mint leaves. Muddling mint is not the right way to get the best flavor out of it. Stir for about 2 minutes until it gets really fragrant.
- Add some fresh blackberries and the juice of freshly squeezed lime.
- Crush the berries well with a pestle. If the blackberries you use are not very ripe, it will make the mixture a little more acidic than normal and ruin the balance required in a Mojito. Therefore you might want to cut back on the lime juice to avoid making the Mojito too sour. Alternatively add some blackberry liquor to maintain the sweet-sour balance while giving the drink a blackberry flavor boost.
- Add the ice cubes to fill up the glass.
- Top up with blackberry vodka and the soda, modifying the amounts if you like your drinks more or less intense
- Stir gently but well.
- Garnish with 2 or 3 whole fresh blackberries and a wedge of lime.
Favorite Drinks: Like Gin Tonic? Try its various quirky variations.
Which Vodka to Use
Usually Mojito is made with rum. But if you like vodka better, feel free to use it in place of rum. With blackberries, we find that vodka tastes better in the Mojito.
You can also make this drink alcohol free by topping up with soda and not vodka.
Alcohol Knowledge: Can vegans drink alcoholic drinks?
Other Types of Mojito
We have tried the Mojito with different fruits and berries. A few of our favorites are listed below.
Rosemary Coolers: Check out our easy drink recipes with Rosemary
Blackberry Bramble (with Gin)
>> View Recipe
Greyhound Cocktail (with Grapefruit)
A delectable combination of grapefruit juice and vodka, this drink is a simple mix that is a hit in house parties.
>> View Recipe
Find vodka based recipes here.
More Fruity Cocktail Recipes