Cucumber Martini is yet another twist to the original Martini. Simply muddle in a few slices of fresh cucumber in the shaker and then make the Martini on it.
This drink is refreshingly cool. And if you choose the right gin, that makes it even better.
The Right Gin (or Vodka)
The Martini is a drink that shows-off gin in its most primal form. Since cucumber constitutes as one of Hendrick’s Gin’s special ingredients, this gin makes a fantastic cucumber Martini.
The muddled cucumbers give that extra kick to Hendrick’s unique flavor, making it the perfect gin for this drink.
Alternatively, mellow London Dry Gins like the Caorunn, Bombay Sapphire and Sipsmith allow cucumber to take the spotlight in this drink. That makes these gins the next best choice for the Cucumber Martini.
If you can grab a bottle of cucumber infused vodka such as Stolichnaya Cucumber Vodka, Ketel One Cucumber and Lime or Smirnoff Cucumber and Lime Infused Vodka, that will make your drink taste even better.
- 3 one inch thick cucumber slices
- 2 ounces gin or vodka
- 1/2 ounce dry vermouth
- 1 cup ice
- Garnish: thin cucumber slices
- Place the thick cucumber slices in the shaker and muddle them to release their juice.
- Add ice, gin and vermouth to the shaker and shake for 6-8 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled Martini glass. Ensure that the ice and pulp stays in the shaker.
- Garnish with the slice of cucumber and serve.
More Bitter Cocktail Recipes