There are many ways online to make a Banana Daiquiri. But which is the best?
The recipe below has all the original Daiquiri ingredients – rum, triple sec, lime juice and sugar. We just add a fresh ripe banana in the mix.
And the results are astounding. Especially if you add in 0.25-0.5 oz coconut milk into the mix. Alternatively use coconut flavor rum such as Malibu.
You can make a frozen drink out of it by using a whole cup of crushed ice. But we think that dilutes the drink a bit too much.
Freshly grated nutmeg takes this drink from great to excellent. Don’t skip out on that!
Best Rums to Use
Its likely that you have a Bacardi rum that you may want to use. By all means go ahead and try making this recipe with it.
Different rums will bring in different flavors to this drink. We really like using Jamaican rums for that added funkiness. You can try with Appleton Estate 12 year old rare blend, Plantation Jamaican 2001 rum or even the cheaper Myer’s Jamaican Rum.
Adding a layer of Demerara overproof rum on the top creates wonders for this drink. You can use Lemon Hart 151, Hamilton 151 or even Plantation OFTD for this purpose.
Fresh Banana Daiquiri
- 1.5 oz Rum can be skipped for a non-alcoholic drink
- 1 Banana Large. Use ripe ones as they are sweeter
- 0.5 oz Triple Sec
- 1.5 oz Lime Juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoon sugar according to taste
- Crushed Ice
- Nutmeg powder for garnish
- Pour all ingredients into an electric blender.
- Blend on medium speed until the the ingredients have blended smooth.
- Pour into a hurricane glass. Add freshly grated nutmeg on top.
- Garnish with a banana wedge or some cherries.
More Fruity Cocktail Recipes