When margarita is shaken with ice in a cocktail shaker, it is called the margarita on the rocks. When it is blended with ice in a blender, it’s called the frozen margarita. And that is what this recipe is about.
The frozen margaritas are immensely popular with endless fruity, spicy and unique variations. The beauty of a margarita cocktail lies in its simplicity and the depth of flavors that come along with that simplicity. And frozen margarita, my friend, is no exception.
What makes a good Frozen Margarita
A good frozen margarita’s secret lies in its texture. The beautiful icy and frosty, almost puree-like texture gives it all the magic. The basic frozen margaritas have a beautiful crystal-like look to them while the ones with added flavors and fruits have vibrant colors to them. No matter which ones you try, if you put in your straws and it just sits right in, you’ve got your frozen ‘ritas just right!
The Quality of Tequila
As we’ve said before, your margarita will be only as good as your tequila. Good quality Blanco or reposado tequilas must be used instead of the cheap mixtos ones. If you’re making a cocktail, better make a good one right!
- Tequila – 1½ ounce or 44 ml
- Lime juice – 1 ounce or 30 ml
- Triple Sec – 1 ounce or 30 ml
- Ice cubes
- Lemon slices and mint leaves for garnish
- Using lime juice, wet the rim of your margarita glasses with salt.
- Add the ingredients – the tequila, triple sec and lime juice to a blender.
- For now, add 2-4 cubes of ice and blend.
- Add a little more ice and churn again to achieve the frosty pureed texture.
- Strain the drink into your margarita glass. Garnish with a lemon slice and a fresh mint leaf.
Tip : How much ice you blend into the drink will decide the texture of your cocktail. Therefore, blending a little first, then having a look and adding more ice accordingly can help achieve the right texture.
Tequila Recommendations :
Can’t decide which tequila brand to use for your frozen margaritas? We are here for you. We recommend the following tequilas to take your frozen margaritas to the next level:
- Suaza’s Silver Tequila – $19.15
- El Jimador Reposado Tequila – $22.65
- Olmeca Altos Blanco – $26.98
- Arette Tequila Reposado – $29.99
- 901 Silver Tequila – $30.00
- Don Julio Añejo – $64.99
Frozen Margaritas can be your go to cocktail for any gathering or celebration. Want a drink for the Sports season? You got it. Frozen Margaritas have endless variations, check out our Fruity Margarita recipes to know more about them.
More Fruity Cocktail Recipes