Are you looking for an ice-cold summer cooler that is light, refreshingly cold and tastes delicious? In any case, a frozen Pineapple Daiquiri will be your perfect companion on hot days.
It is cold and fruity, sweet and sour, and contains a whole lot of real pineapple to cover your daily dose of vitamin C.
Below is the best recipe for making a flavor packed drink. But before that, a word on which rum you can use.
Bacardi white rum remains the most popular choice, given its household stature. Below are some other white rums that you can use.
|Plantation 3 Stars||750ml||$19.00||94/100|
|Cruzan Aged Rum||750ml||$10.00||90/100|
|Mount Gay Eclipse Silver||750ml||$21.00||92/100|
|El Dorado 3 years Old||750ml||$18.00||–|
Cruzan is cheap and highly rated, making it a great alternative to Bacardi. But other rums are great too, especially Mount Gay Eclipse Silver which brings notes of mint into the mix.
However, Plantation Fancy Stiggins Pineapple infused rum is hands down the best for pineapple based drinks.
Frozen Pineapple Daiquiri
- 2 oz. White Rum
- 1 1/2 Cups Frozen Pineapple Chunks
- 1 1/2 Cups Fresh Pineapple Chunks
- 0.5-1 oz. Simple Syrup depending on how sweet the pineapple is
- 1 oz. Lime Juice freshly squeezed
- Place all the ingredients in an electric blender.
- Blend at medium or high speed until the pineapple pieces have thoroughly broken down.
- Pour without straining into a hurricane glass.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge.
- Learn here how to cut a pineapple before you juice it.
- Freeze pineapple chunks in the freezer for 2-3 hrs so that they are nicely frozen.
More Fruity Cocktail Recipes