Would you like to give your gin and tonic a new touch? Then definitely try this fresh recipe. This G&T is fresh, sweet, bitter, lovely and a bit tart. A sweet Old Tom Gin combines with bitterly sweet, freshly squeezed grapefruit juice. The tarragon gives the overall composition a great new flavor component with its herbaceous notes of star anise and licorice. It is topped up with tonic water and the juice from 2 squeezed grapefruits. The end of the day can’t get any better.
Read more: How and from what in Gin made?
Gin and Tonic with Grapefruit and Tarragon
- Ice cubes
- 1 stemmed glasses
- 60 ml Old Tom Gin
- 200 ml mild tonic water
- 20 ml freshly squeezed grapefruit jucie
- 1/4 bunch tarragon leaves
- Peel 4 zests from the grapefruit. Squeeze out 20 ml of grapefruit juice.
- Pour the gin in the glass and fill it to the brim with ice cubes.
- Add 20 ml of grapefruit juice into the glass and fill up with tonic water.
- Hold zests between four fingers and squeeze over the drink to release the essential oils. Put the zest in the glass and stir twice with a spoon.
- Put tarragon on the palm of your hand and clap it once to release the essential oils. Put the herb on the side in the jars.
More Gin and Tonic Recipes
Recommended Gins for G&T
Tanqueray London Dry Gin
Sipsmith London Dry Gin
Sipsmith is a wonderfully classic and easy-to-drink London Dry gin. Of course, it makes an excellent gin for mixing in long drinks and cocktails.
>> Sipsmith’s London Dry Gin Review
Beefeater London Dry Gin
The Beefeater Gin is a real all-rounder, suitable for many cocktails like the Dry Martini, the Gin Fizz or French 75. It is a down-to-earth gin that is ideal for beginners or as a gift.
>> Beefeater London Dry Gin Review
Popular Gin Cocktails
Grapefruit and Rosemary Gin Sour
We love grapefruit is our gin sour cocktail. But this drink takes it to the next level by cooking grapefruit zest and rosemary springs at the time of making sugar syrup which is ultimately used in this recipe.
>> Grapefruit and Rosemary Gin Recipe
Bramble – blackberry gin cocktail
This blackberry gin sour is a simple 4 ingredient cocktail that combines gin, sugar syrup, lemon juice and blackberries to form a delicious concoction.
>> Bramble Recipe
More Citrusy Cocktail Recipes