Gin and tonic has become one of our favorite long drinks. Is that because of the quick preparation? Or the large variety of different options?
Today we want to introduce another gin cocktail that is fruity and tart. And for you lovers of grapefruit it will be an absolute delight!
Grapefruit Rosemary Gin Cocktail
- 60 ml gin
- 30 ml fresh grapefruit juice
- 30 ml homemade syrup see preperation steps
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- For the grapefruit rosemary syrup, boil the mixture of water (300ml), sugar (300g), 60ml grapefruit juice and the zest from half a grapefruit until the sugar has melted. Then let it cool down
- Add 60ml gin, 30ml grapefruit juice and 30ml homemade syrup to the shaker. Fill it with ice cubes.
- Shake vigorously for 10-12 seconds. Strain into a cocktail glass
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and a piece of grapefruit zest
Recommended gins for Grapefruit Rosemary Gin Cocktail
Tanqueray London Dry Gin
Beefeater London Dry Gin
The right cocktail glass
The coupette glass is ideal for classic cocktails and short drinks. You will find it in good bars.
Order at: Amazon
Classic martini glass
This is the shape of the classic martini glass. We love using the Luigi Bormioli brand.
Order at: Amazon
If you like gin with aromas of grapefruit and fresh herbs, then you might also like the following recipes.
Parsley Gin Julep
A variant of the classic mint Julep. The mint is replaced by parsley and Curacao is excluded altogether. But the important thing is that this cocktail is as tasty and refreshing as the original.
>> Parsley Gin Julep recipe
Also from the Sours cocktail category. This is a refreshing gin cocktail with soda, lemon juice and Old Tom Gin.
>> View recipe
Gin Gin Mule
Mint and lime juice are also reminiscent of a modern cocktail that also comes from New York. Gin Gin Mule is filled with ginger beer instead of soda for that extra kick.
>> View Gin Gin Mule recipe
Raspberry Thyme Smash
A variant with fresh thyme and raspberries. This cocktail plays with the notes and berries and fresh herbs.
>> Recipe for Raspberry Thyme Smash
Rosemary Gin Sour
Just replace the grapefruit in this cocktail with lemon and you will get the Rosemary Gin Sour. It is more sour than the Grapefruit Rosemary Gin recipe. So if you prefer sours, then this one will be right up your alley. Read here for more rosemary cocktails.
>> View Rosemary Gin Sour recipe
More Citrusy Cocktail Recipes