Mango Margarita is one of the most popular fruity variations of the classic Margarita cocktail. This tropical fruit brings tons of juiciness to the flavor, a sunny brightness to the color and silky smoothness to the drink’s texture. Classic lime margaritas are prepared with tequila, lime and triple sec. Just add mango to this and you get a Mango Margarita. You can tweak the recipe by choosing different types of mangoes and garnishes to suit your tastes.
You can either choose frozen or fresh mangoes for this drink, choose to either blend to serve a frosty drink or shake to serve it on the rocks. Any which way, this serve is going to feel like fresh breeze on your face, refreshing and flavorful to say the least.
When To Have A Mango Margarita?
To be honest, every season is margarita season. Mango Margaritas are basically summer drinks which can be served at dinner parties or happy hour parties. You can prepare this drink for an evening summer get together at your place or why even find a reason when you’ve got some mangoes? Put them in your favorite cocktail and give yourself a treat.
- Tequila – 1½ ounces or 45 ml
- Triple Sec – 1 ounce or 30 ml
- Lime Juice – 1 ounce or 30 ml
- Sweetener – 1 tablespoon
- Frozen/ Fresh Mangoes – 1 to 1½ cup diced mangoes
- Ice and Mango slices for garnish
A decent Blanco tequila would fir perfectly. Going for a slightly aged reposado will work too. You may choose from a wide range of sweeteners such as the agave syrup, maple syrup, honey, muscovado sugar or even simple syrup, which can easily be prepared at home.
Some people like their Mango Margaritas frozen while some prefer it shaken,on the rocks. Some prefer churning the ingredients in a blender while some are master cocktail shakers. Don’t worry, whichever way you prefer, we’ve got you covered.
Frozen Mango Margarita
(Using a blender)
- Take the frozen mango chunks or dice the Mango into chunks if you’ve got fresh ones, and throw them in a blender.
- Throw along the remaining ingredients – tequila, triple sec, lime juice and your preffered sweetener.
- Add in a little ice and blend!
- Strain it in your salty-rimmed margarita glass.
- Add a Mango slice over the edge to garnish.
Choose your recipe according to the texture you desire for your drink. Choosing frozen mangoes helps save time as dice them into pieces is no longer required and provides an icy-frosty texture to the drink. While fresh mangoes are equally good, they will provide a more runny, juicy than a frosty texture to the drink.
Mango Margarita On The Rocks:
(No blender required)
- If you don’t have a blender, you can use Mango nectar or Mango juice for this recipe. If you can’t find 100% Mango juice, using Mango juice blend instead would also do.
- Add all the ingredients to a cocktail shaker and shake to combine them.
- Strain the drink into a glass with the salty rim and add ice cubes.
- Use lemon slices to garnish.
Which Tequila To Buy :
There are tons of tequila brands out there to choose from. For a richer experience, we recommend the following instead of using the conventional Jose Cuervo or Margaritaville tequila :
- Mi Campo Blanco – $24.19 (750ml)
- Teremana Blanco – $32.99 (750ml)
- Roca Patròn Blanco – $70.99 (750ml)
Check out the original margarita recipe to choose from a variety of fine tequila recommendations.
You can experiment all you want with this drink. Having a thorough guide will sail you through and help you take your friends and family by surprise, each time you bring out a glass of the cocktail out of your kitchen.
Playing with the rim: Generally a margarita glass has a salty rim but with mangoes in it, you may add some twist to it. If you want to spice things up a little bit , add some hot sauce and chili powder on the rim. The hotness of it will complement the sweetness of the mango amazingly.
Virgin Mango Margarita: If you wish to make one for your kids and toddlers, a Virgin Mango Margarita is just right for you! Just omit the tequila and triple sec and use lime flavored seltzer water or plain club soda. Increase the amounts of Mango and lime juice a little and you’re ready to go.
Choosing Mango liqueur instead of a triple sec will be a brave and unique twist. Several brands like Boys, BVLand, Dolce and Gabriel Boudier provide nice options.
You can even keep them ready ahead of time! The margarita mixture can be prepared and stored in an airtight container in your fridge one day before its consumption if you’re serving it on the rocks or store in the freezer if serving frozen. You can easily buy such a mix on Amazon.
More Fruity Cocktail Recipes