The Raspberry Mojito is a very berry take on the Cuban classic. The juice from raspberry adds exquisite flavor to this refreshing cocktail.
Perfect to enjoy on a summer afternoon on the terrace.
- 50 ml white Cuban rum
- 20 ml Fresh lime juice
- 2 bar spoons of fine white cane sugar white sugar dissolves better than brown sugar
- 15 mint leaves take care that you do not use the stems when using Spearmint
- 8 fresh raspberries
- soda water optional
- Ice cubes
- Add the mint leaves with the sugar into the glass and stir gently with a bar spoon. The aim is to lure the essential oils out of the mint without, however, pushing out the bitter substances through too rough a procedure.
- Then add the juice of a freshly squeezed lime. It is better to pour the juice into the glass than to crush the lime together with the skin in the glass, otherwise bitter aromas from the skin could end up in the drink and spoil its taste.
- Muddle the raspberries separately and add the pulp/juice to the glass.
- Add the rum.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes.
- Stir gently. Add a splash of soda water if needed.
- Garnish with a few mint leaves and a raspberry.
Complex Cocktails: Take your rum cocktails to the next level. Try the Mai Tai for starters.
Great Rums for Mojito
If you can get hold of any of the following rums rather than Bacardi White, that will make your Mojito awesome.
Don’t believe us? Then try a Mojito with Bacardi and then with one of the rums below. Let us know your thoughts!
Other Takes on Mojito
So many fruity variations of the Mojito show how remarkably versatile this drink is.
Raspberry Thyme Smash (with Gin)
Thyme goes very well with raspberries. If you muddle these in a glass with simple syrup, lime juice and gin, you get this wonderful berry drink.
>> View Recipe
Greyhound Cocktail (with Gin)
A 2-ingredient recipe that mixes vodka/gin with fresh grapefruit juice. In simple terms this is nothing but spiked juice. But one that tastes fresh and delicious.
>> View Recipe
You can view more rum based recipes here.
More Fruity Cocktail Recipes