Grapefruit Rosemary Greyhound is a complex name for a simple cocktail with vodka (or gin), grapefruit juice and rosemary simple syrup. If you have never heard of this drink before, we assure you that it fits in the same class as other fruity delights such as Tequila Sunrise, Sex on the Beach, Long Island Iced Tea, Strawberry Daiquiri and Cosmopolitan.
Note: Grapefruit or its juice is known to not go well with certain medications. It affects the levels of such drugs in the blood. If you are on any medication, please consult your doctor whether you can consume grapefruit juice or not. Otherwise enjoy this beautiful drink (in moderation)!
For Your Next Party: Awesome and easy to make rosemary cocktails
Grapefruit Rosemary Greyhound
- Cocktail shaker
- Jigger (measuring cup)
- Citrus juicer
- 60 ml Vodka
- 15 ml Rosemary simple syrup
- 120 ml Grapefruit juice Use freshly squeezed juice
- A sprig of rosemary for garnish
- Mineral water Replace with Soda for a fizzy drink
Rosemary infused Simple Syrup
- Add equal parts sugar and water to a small pot. Bring the water to the boil and simmer for about 10 minutes over medium heat. Add the rosemary, take the pot off the heat and let the herb steep for at least an hour. Remove the rosemary and pour the syrup into a bottle. This rosemary simple syrup will keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 10 days.
- Put ice cubes in a cocktail shaker
- Pour grapefruit juice, rosemary syrup and vodka in it and shake well
- Strain the contents into a highball glass full of ice
- Top off with mineral water (optional)
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary
Best Vodka for Rosemary Greyhound
With so much variety on the market, let us help you zoom in on the best vodkas for mixing cocktails.
Greyhound Cocktail Variations
More Citrusy Cocktail Recipes