A Gimlet is originally made with gin. But if you are not a fan of juniper based spirits, you can replace it with vodka. A Vodka Gimlet (aka Vodka sour cocktail) is easy to make as it requires only 3 ingredients. It is also a refreshing drink any time of the year.
Rosemary adds an earthy flavor and Mediterranean touch to this drink.
Rosemary Vodka Gimlet
- Lime juicer
- 50 ml Vodka
- 22 ml Rosemary infused Simple Syrup
- 15 ml freshly squeezed Lime juice
- Ice cubes
- Sprig of Rosemary for garnish
To make rosemary infused sugar syrup
- Mix 1 part sugar with 2 parts water
- Bring the mixture to a boil
- Take off from the heat when sugar has dissolved completely
- Throw in 2 sprigs of lightly crushed rosemary over the hot mixture. Let it remain in there for at least an hour or more, until the flavor comes out.
- Strain and refrigerate. The mixture will last for at least the next 1 month.
To make Rosemary Vodka Gimlet
- Add vodka, simply syrup and lime juice to a shaker containing a few ice cubes.
- Give it a good shake for 10 seconds
- Strain into a pre-chilled coupe glass
- Garnish with the rosemary sprig and serve immediately
Best Vodka for Rosemary Vodka Gimlet
There are a lot of vodkas available on the market. For mixing drinks we generally tend to go for either one of the following. Tito’s is particularly good, especially due to its price-to-quality ratio.
More Strong Cocktail Recipes