Strawberry Margaritas are amazingly juicy and refreshing. It is perhaps one of the most loved variations to the original margarita cocktail recipe. Yet another variation to it uses basil along with the juicy red berries to entice your taste buds.
This is the best part about Margaritas. You can play along and have fun with it as much as you want.
And guess what! As delicious as it is, it is equally simple to make.
- Basil leaves
- Tequila – 1½ ounce or 44 ml (Good quality blanco or reposado tequila. Check out our wide range of tequila recommendations to make your pick.)
- Lime Juice – 1 ounce or 30 ml
- Triple Sec – 1 ounce or 30 ml
We will provide you with two simple ways to make this recipe. Go for whichever one you prefer.
Using a blender
This version of the drink can be a little frothy as well as a little juicy. If you want it a little frosty, add more ice to it. But if you want it a little juicy, add lesser ice and blend a tad bit more.
- Cut 2-3 strawberries into halves.
- Add strawberries, 2-3 basil leaves, tequila, lime juice, triple sec and ice in a blender.
- Blend until you attain your desired consistency.
- Strain in salt rimmed margarita glasses using a mesh sieve.
- Garnish with a basil leaf.
Using a cocktail shaker:
Margarita prepared in a cocktail shaker is served on the rocks, with ice cubes.
- Muddle the berries along with basil leaves in a cocktail shaker.
- Add tequila,lime juice, triple sec and ice to the shaker.
- Shake until cold.
- Fine strain into your salt rimmed margarita glasses.
- Add more ice cubes and garnish with a basil leaf.
Strawberries and basil are both nutrition-rich fruits. They not only make your drink more refreshing and colorful but also more healthy. This drink is going to be your summer salvation, take our word for it!
More Fruity Cocktail Recipes