Tip 1: To ensure a delicious cocktail with a great texture, strain the strawberry pulp out with a fine sieve when pouring into the glass. We find that the pulp interferes with a good drinking experience.
Tip 2: To get an intense fruit flavor, and if you have the time, cook a strawberry syrup with fresh strawberries. To make this, bring a equal parts water and sugar to a boil. Then add the same volume chopped strawberries into the boiling mixture and let it rest until cool. Then refrigerate for 4-5 hrs to allow the fruit to steep in. Use the liquid without the fruit.
- 1 1/2 oz. Vodka
- 1/2 oz. Simple Syrup
- 5-6 ripe Strawberries
- 1 pinch Black Pepper freshly milled
- Muddle the strawberries in the cocktail shaker.
- Add vodka, simple syrup, black pepper and ice to it. Give it a good shake.
- Double strain into a chilled Martini glass.
- Garnish with a strawberry and serve.
More Fruity Cocktail Recipes