The Mojito is said to have had an extremely popular fan, writer Ernest Hemmingway! Did he already know this brilliant variant with strawberries?
Strawberry Mojito can also be made suitable for children by leaving out the rum.
- 50 ml white rum
- 20 ml Fresh lime juice
- 2 bar spoons of fine white cane sugar
- 15 mint leaves do not use the stems when using Spearmint
- 5 fresh strawberries add more if needed
- soda water optional can be replaced with mineral water
- Ice cubes
- Add the mint leaves with the sugar into the glass and stir gently with a bar spoon
- Then add the juice of a freshly squeezed lime.
- Muddle the strawberries separately and add the pulp and juice to the glass.
- Add the rum.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes.
- Stir gently. Add a splash of soda water if needed.
- Garnish with a few mint leaves and a strawberry.
Learn a Complex Cocktail: The Zombie Cocktail and its variations
Great Rums for Mojito
The staple white rum in most households is Bacardi White.
But there are better rums than that, some even at a similar price point. Try a Mojito with one of the rums below and let us know your feedback.
Legendario Anejo Blanco Rum
Santiago de Cuba Carta Blanca Rum
Cruzan Light Rum
Plantation 3 stars rum
El Dorado White 3 years
Interested in Rum: Learn how it is made
- make it without rum
- substitute it with vodka, or
- lessen the carbs in it
Which Mojito will you make today?
Strawberry Bramble (with Gin)
>> View Recipe
Gin Tonic with Strawberry and Balsamico
This is a lovely strawberry twist on the classic G&T, with an added surprise in the form of Balsamic float.
>> View Recipe
Find rum based recipes here.
More Fruity Cocktail Recipes