A Strong Boulevardier with Rye Whiskey
- 1 oz Rye Whiskey Bulleit Rye
- 1 oz Red vermouth Martini Riserva Speciale Rubino
- 1 oz Campari
- Orange zest
- Mix all the ingredients except the zest with plenty of ice and strain into a pre-chilled double-old-fashioned glass filled with ice cubes.
- Squeeze lemon zest over the drink and rub it into the glass rim.
- Do not add the zest to the cocktail as it could give off slightly soapy, bitter flavors in the long term.
Seasoned apertif drinkers will love this take of the Boulevardier. The combination of these ingredients makes this drink a powerful yet balanced cocktail. Shopping list as follows.
Jim Beam Black Extra-Aged Bourbon
Martini Riserva Speciale Rubino
More Bitter Cocktail Recipes