A boozy raspberry-ginger tart in the form of a drink – that is how we can best describe this cocktail. Raspberry and Ginger Beer are the perfect complement to whiskey – especially if you like it fruity and spicy at the same time.
The whiskey that you choose will influence that complexity of this drink. For that extra spice choose Rye Whiskeys like the Bulleit Bourbon, Lot 40 Canadian Rye Whiskey, Wild Turkey 101 or Woodford Reserve Bourbon.
Auchentochen 12 years old with is warm honey and toffee notes is a good mixer for this cocktail.
The Singleton 12 years old whiskey’s caramel or chocolate flavor are also a perfect complement to fruity raspberries and tangy ginger beer.
Tip: To give your drink even more aroma, take an ice cube mold and freeze raspberry juice. Not only do the red cubes look good, they also gives the drink even more aroma over time.
Whiskey with Ginger Beer and Raspberry
- 1.5 oz Whiskey
- 1.5 oz Raspberry juice
- 1.5 oz Ginger Beer
- 3 Raspberries for garnish
- 1 spring mint for garnish
- Ice cubes
- Put all the ingredients in the tumbler along with the ice.
- Stir the drink well until all the ingredients are well blended and the drink is well cooled.
- Garnish with raspberries on a wooden skewer and mint sprig.
More Spicy Cocktail Recipes